Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stonewall Kitchen - Jam, Jelly and More!

Through the years, I think I've purchased every brand of jam and jelly that is sold in traditional grocery stores.  My daughter is a big fan of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich (PBJ).  When she was young, I always looked for healthier jam/jelly that didn't have added, unnecessary ingredients.  The biggest problem then, is that they didn't taste all that great.  Today my biggest concern is high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS).  Several doctors* and scientists* say the amount of HFCS we eat that is acceptable - ZERO!

This brings me to Stonewall Kitchen.  Stonewall Kitchen's ingredients are, by far, the best I have found. Although I have not checked each and every one of their products, I've never seen HFCS in any of their ingredient lists.  In fact, I can actually pronounce and understand their ingredient lists without grabbing a dictionary.  Their products contain sugar, but is that a bad thing?  Good old-fashioned sugar (even if it's white, refined), in my humble opinion, has to be better than all the new man-made, food-like products.

Stonewall Kitchen, LLC


It is amazing that a company, as large as Stonewall Kitchen, evolved from a card table at a Farmer's Market.  As the story goes, it all started with a jar of jam in 1991.  Stonewall Kitchen, best known for their award-winning Specialty Foods, also offers a wide variety of gourmet foods and gifts, kitchen and cookware, home decor and garden accessories, recipes and their classic Product of the Month is always 10% off.

One of the best perks for me, is that after eating their delicious products I can reuse their glass jars.  I keep several different types of sugar in my kitchen and the Stonewall Kitchen jars work great - muscovado, jaggery, evaporated cane sugar, white sugar (for guests' coffee) and coconut palm sugar.  I have actually collected a good-amount of their jars and also use them for miscellaneous items, like cotton balls.  They work great for spices and I appreciate that the jars are square, fit together and stack nicely.

Just a few of my Stonewall Kitchen re-purposed jars.  The top left, small jar holds added nutrition for a small, handicapped dog and bottom right holds The Mustard Seed's Indian Spice Tea - both will be blogged about soon!  


Yesterday, I was able to attend Stonewall Kitchen's warehouse, Labor Day sale at their 7 Amarosa, Rochester, NH location.  I only just learned about this yearly event this weekend - I didn't know this outlet store and warehouse in Rochester existed.  Discontinued items were marked at half price with an additional 25% off.  I was able to purchase $200 worth of products for only $75!  Since I love their products, it was a great opportunity to not only stock up, but to try some new products at a greatly reduced price.
Just a few of my good buys at Stonewall Kitchen's Warehouse, Labor Day Sale!








*Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. Mercola and food formulator, Russ Bianchi, all say high fructose corn syrup in any amount is unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment